From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Homebuilt Mobo bundles
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 21:01:29
1 I guess that could be seen as a kind of spam. I hope not.
2
3 Further, so far as googling this kind of help or info. There is so
4 damn much out there.. its too hard to tell what is good or even real.
5
6 So here it is:
7
8 I have a recently dead Intel P4 winxp box, I've got it completely
9 stipped dowm, mobo out etc. Its a mid tower antex box.. nice size and
10 fairly easy to work inside of. For me that is really important
11 because I spent my life working with big heavy stuff for 35 yrs.
12
13 With it all in pieces already, I thought I might try building it
14 backup up with some more recent components..
15
16 I thought maybe a mobo bundle would be a good starting place.
17
18 Anyway, I need some help digging through all the balony on line about
19 the newer mobos.
20
21 Here is an example of one possibility:
22 http://www.directron.com/fall-motherboard-combo-4.html
23
24 I'm wondering if that really is a deal or just a fake come-on and the
25 price is like that all over.
26
27 Is there anyone here who is willing to correspond with me privately
28 about this project? Maybe someone who can vouch for some of the more
29 recent equipment out there.
30
31 Since gmane obfuscates the email address on From line here it is:
32
33 Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
34
35 I'd like to hear from someone who may know a bit about homebuilding a
36 computer.