From: P Levine <plevine457@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dolphin only allowing a single instance after update
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 23:01:14
1 On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 10:56 PM Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Howdy,
4 >
5 > I upgraded my system last night. I logged out and back in earlier and
6 > have noticed something new. It seems to only allow one instance of
7 > Dolphin to run at a time. I usually have three or four running for
8 > doing different things in different locations. It just makes it easier
9 > for me to multi-task at times. What I've noticed with the new version
10 > is that if I have a instance open on say desktop 7 and then want to open
11 > a new instance on desktop 4, it moves the already running dolphin from
12 > desktop 7 to 4. It doesn't open a new instance. I then lose where I am
13 > when I get ready to go back to work on something in the previous instance.
14 >
15 > Current version of Dolphin and USE flags:
16 >
17 > kde-apps/dolphin-19.08.0:5::gentoo USE="handbook -activities -debug
18 > -semantic-desktop -test"
19 >
20 > Previous version that worked normally:
21 >
22 > kde-apps/dolphin-19.04.3
23 >
24 > Has anyone else noticed this? I've looked in the Configure section to
25 > see if I can change the behavior but can't find anything related. I
26 > checked to see if I could add a option on the command line as well. I
27 > even poked around System Settings but can't find anything there either.
28 > Is this a new thing, a bug or what?
29 >
30 > Thanks for the help.
31 >
32 > Dale
33 >
37 The behaviour was changed such that dolphin opens new instances in tabs by
38 default. If you want to change that, edit the desktop file and add the
39 *--new-window* option to the command.