From: Alexander Pilipovsky <alexander.pilipovsky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Canon PowerShot A400 & Gentoo
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 22:15:09
1 Thanks, Dale, after your letter I found some solution :) I unmerged
2 libphoto and downloaded it's latest version from http://www.gphoto.org/
3 and images are downloading by gphoto2 and gtkam. But when I works not
4 under root any program cannot get access to /dev/ttS0. Changing
5 permissions to 777 for ttS0 does not take any effect. What permissions
6 these programs need?
7
8 Dale wrote:
9 > Alexander Pilipovsky wrote:
10 >
11 >> Hello all!
12 >>
13 >> When I used Ubuntu :)), I got files from my camera by F-Spot. Now I
14 >> compiled f-spot (http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/F-Spot), but now camera
15 >> does not see PC and F-Spot does not see camera too. What it need for work?
16 >>
17 >> Thanks!
22 > I have a Canon PowerShot A95 and I use gtkam to get my pictures. Really
23 > easy to use in my opinion and has quite a few features if you need them.
24 >
25 > You also may want to make sure you have the correct CAMERAS= line in
26 > make.conf. I have CAMERAS="canon ptp2" in my make.conf. I think ptp2
27 > is the one that it actually uses.
28 >
29 > Just a thought. now I will go check into this F-spot. I don't recall
30 > hearing of it before.
31 >
32 > Hope one of those will help.
33 >