From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: separate / and /usr to require initramfs 2013-11-01
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 20:44:17
1 On 28/09/13 01:33, Dale wrote:
2 > Bruce Hill wrote:
3 >> mingdao@workstation ~ $ eselect news read
4 >> 2013-09-27-initramfs-required
5 >> Title Separate /usr on Linux requires initramfs
6 >> Author William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
7 >> Posted 2013-09-27
8 >> Revision 1
9 >>
10 >> Linux systems which have / and /usr on separate file systems but do not
11 >> use an initramfs will not be supported starting on 01-Nov-2013.
12 >> [...]
15 > I'm hoping that since I use eudev, I don't have to worry about this. If
16 > I do, this could get interesting, again.
17
18 You do need to worry about this. Actually, you always had to worry
19 about this. It's just that your specific configuration didn't blow up
20 in a visible way. You might had problems already in the past, just not
21 apparent ones. If you read the links posted in the announcement, you
22 will see that the problem wasn't eudev or udev. It's all the other
23 software on your system.
24
25 eudev *cannot* fix that.