From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] RSA Vs DSA keys for SSH authentication
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 21:55:49
1 On Monday 09 October 2006 09:07, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-user] [OT] RSA Vs DSA keys for SSH authentication':
3 > Some say that RSA is
4 > widely considered more secure than DSA.
5
6 DSA is mathematically stronger than RSA. However, that doesn't mean much
7 since most attacks don't come from attacking the core of the algorithm
8 anyway.
11 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
12 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
13 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
14 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh