From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] RSA Vs DSA keys for SSH authentication
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 22:17:08
1 On Monday 09 October 2006 22:48, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2 > On Monday 09 October 2006 09:07, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote
3 >
4 > about '[gentoo-user] [OT] RSA Vs DSA keys for SSH authentication':
5 > > Some say that RSA is
6 > > widely considered more secure than DSA.
7 >
8 > DSA is mathematically stronger than RSA. However, that doesn't mean much
9 > since most attacks don't come from attacking the core of the algorithm
10 > anyway.
11
12 Do you mean that an RSA key with twice the number of bits (e.g. 2048 or even
13 higher) is still weaker (i.e. easier to crack) than the DSA key? I know it's
14 all psychological, but in my paranoid state it'll make me feel
15 better . . . :))
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick