From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wicd and net-tools
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 01:04:51
1 On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 4:58 PM, Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2 > In the last day or two wicd broke badly due to a net-tools upgrade.
3 >
4 > The recommended workarounds are to specify USE=old-output
5 > for net-tools or to downgrade net-tools one version (I am ~amd64).
6 >
7 > Neither of these have helped me.  Wicd cannot start either the
8 > wired or wireless interface.
9
10 I have no solution, but just a "me too" that wicd-based networking
11 stopped working entirely after I emerged some updates a couple days
12 ago. My short-term "solution" was just stop wicd and use the old-style
13 net init script instead since I haven't had time to research any this
14 weekend yet.