From: Carlos <skyclan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to have init-scripts 'wait' for other servers
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 05:34:20
1 J. Roeleveld a écrit :
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Does anyone know if an existing method to have init-scripts on server A wait
5 > for a service on server B to be started?
6 >
7 > Reason for this:
8 > I have one server containing all the databases, one that operates as a NAS and
9 > the DNS is running on server 3.
10 > In order for the different machines to start correctly, I need to configure it
11 > that server 3 starts the DNS before the other machines try to access other
12 > machines (don't want to maintain hosts-files as it all works fine once the
13 > servers are up and running)
14 >
15 > Also need to make sure the database and NAS is running before the webserver
16 > starts.
17 >
18 > I tried to google for it, but I can't find a usefull search string that will
19 > give me anything usefull.
20 >
21 > I don't mind reqriting init-scripts for this, but am looking for a way to
22 > check if services are up and running from within the init-scripts.
23 >
24 > Thanks,
25 >
26 > Joost Roeleveld
27
28 Monit may be able to meet your needs and reduce the amount of work you'd
29 have to do to script this up yourself.
30
31 http://mmonit.com/monit/
32
33 An advantage of not touching the init scripts is that you don't have to
34 maintain patches or deal with merge prompts when a package updates it's
35 init script.
36
37 Regards,
38 Carlos