From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ALSA forgot default device
Date: Sun, 01 May 2022 01:56:26
1 On 2022-05-01, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 >> The usual fallback is wiki.archlinux.org, but its instructions to
4 >> place the following in /etc/asound.conf or ~/.asoundrc doesn't work:
5 >>
6 >> defaults.pcm.card 1
7 >> defaults.ctl.card 1
8 >
9 > wiki.gentoo.org is back, and it says to use something like this in /etc/asound.conf
10 > or ~/asoundrc:
11 >
12 > defaults.pcm.!card 1
13 > defaults.pcm.!device 0
14 > defaults.ctl.!card 1
15 >
16 > That also does nothing. Using card names as shown at
17 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/ALSA#Files also does nothing.
18 >
19 > Yes, I'm restarting alsasound after changing /etc/asound.conf
20
21 Apparently, restarting alsasound after changing /etc/asound.conf isn't
22 enough. A reboot was required.
23
24 I never saw that mentioned in any of the half-dozen sources I read
25 about alsa configuration, so I presume it's a personal problem?
28 Grant