From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Want to seriously test a NEW hard drive
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 12:47:43
1 Howdy,
2
3 I finally got me a 3Tb drive on the way. Should be here Wednesday. I
4 have seen some reviews where it would not work right. I think some of
5 it may be BIOS related since some BIOS's don't like drives that large.
6 Anyway, I want to test this thing real good to really make sure it is up
7 to the task before putting my data on it. It's going to be so much
8 data, there is really no way to do back-ups at this point. Come on, 2
9 to 3Tbs on 4Gb DVDs. Really? lol Maybe a external drive later on but
10 for now, well.
11
12 I have heard of bonnie and friends. I also think dd could do some
13 testing too. Is there any other way to give this a good work and see if
14 it holds up? Oh, helpful hints with Bonnie would be great too. I have
15 never used it before. Maybe someone has some test that is really brutal.
16
17 Thanks
18
19 Dale
20
24 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!