From: Mike Huber <michael.huber@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] XMMS: Bye, Bye Gentoo
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 08:39:21
1 There are plenty of packages within portage which have no longer been
2 maintained for just as long as xmms (see cgoban for an example). It seems
3 that this is a rather silly choice of packages to single out. It seems to
4 me that xmms can live a perfectly natural life within portage so long as it
5 is no longer included by default with the Xorg package. Granted, I have
6 absolutely zero sway with anyone who matters within the gentoo community,
7 but personally I would prefer to see it remain.
8
9 --mike
10 *crosses fingers that cgoban remains, even though it is no longer under
11 development.*
12