From: Jonas de Buhr <jonas.de.buhr@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Should I be worried that I won't be able to dual boot in Gentoo?
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 19:30:26
1 >> between a fully-signed system (Windows 9 / OS XI or so) or a cracked
2 >> boot, with little in the way of switching between the two, at least
3 >> initially
4 >>
5 >> I know which one I'd pick if it came down to it :)
6 >
7 >And you really need not worry about it, some geek (Torvalds?) will
8 >surely find out a way.
9
10 yes, there will most likely be a technical way to circumvent it. the
11 problem is that involved companies might try (and likely succeed) to
12 make that illegal.
13 the reasoning will be this: it is assumed that you only make that
14 modification to run pirated copies of commercial operating systems.
15
16 that you will also need that mod to run free operating systems on it
17 will just not count. at least not for commercially offering the mod.
18 just look at decss. or playstation mod chips.