From: Wol <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB random disconnections in VB Win10 VM
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 23:25:19
1 On 14/07/2022 18:42, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > If instead I'm in Linux with a Win10 VM running I can run the same
3 > software in the VM, and it will always see the external DSP when first
4 > started, but at random times, generally 5-20 seconds but never more than
5 > 5 minutes, the software will tell me the USB connection has been
6 > interrupted and I am forced in the software to reestablish a connection.
7 > I am always able to reconnect but I am so far unable to keep it connected.
8
9 Is there a setting in VB to say "take over the USB port"? ISTR something
10 of the sort, which would basically let Win10 take over the port and
11 drive it, with linux out of the picture.
12
13 Don't trust me on this, I don't play with USB and it's ages since I
14 stumbled across this, but it's worth taking a look.
15
16 Cheers,
17 Wol