From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Simple Linux Router on a live CD?
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 15:55:36
1 Peter Lewis <prlewis <at> letterboxes.org> writes:
4 > No, I didn't mean it as a criticism anyway. I just find that it helps to
5 > assume the best on mailing lists. It all helps for a happy community.
6
7 Dear Pompous Jerks:
8
9 The arrogance of these responses is astounding. Does anyone believe
10 in civility any more?
11
12 If google is so wonderful, and all of the aforementioned geniuses
13 so bright, how did you guys miss the most glaring response of all?
14
15 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/gnap-userguide.xml
16
17 After all, since he asked on a gentoo list, might we not all assume
18 that he's inquiring about a gentoo_ish solution, without explicit
19 statement thereof?
22 You guys should be ashamed of your behavior. Just because somebody
23 does not write a politically correct question, does not mean
24 they don't need help. If you are not will to *HELP* then just
25 ignore the email...... Besides, Gentoo's greatest strength is
26 the help the community provides to one another. Do you think this
27 guy is now going to go to his friends and say "hey checkout this
28 firewall I found and set up with the help of the gentoo community?"
31 James
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list