From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ntfs-3g access rights
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 15:58:51
1 On Sunday 03 October 2010 16:39:53 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 10/03/2010 05:13 PM, Mick wrote:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > On a box which dual boots into MSWindows I mount a ntfs partition using
6 > > fstab as follows:
7 > >
8 > > /dev/sda9 /mnt/data ntfs-3g defaults,noatime,locale=en_GB.utf8
9 > > 0 0
10 > >
11 > > however, when I ls the contents all files and directories are shown as:
12 > >
13 > > (d)rwxrwxrwx
14 > >
15 > > The problem is that these are different to the MSWindows rights and also
16 > > if I untar any fs in there then the access rights of that tarred fs are
17 > > not retained.
18 > >
19 > > What is an appropriate way to configure this so that the Linux user has
20 > > the same access rights as the MSWindows user?
21 > >
22 > > PS. I have set up a UserMapping file, but this has not made any
23 > > difference.
24 >
25 > AFAIK, it's not possible. Windows access rights are totally different
26 > than Unix ones.
27
28 :-( OK, thanks.
29 --