From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [Very OT] - Kill-A-Watt (240V Version) to measure my Gentoo Server Power Usage
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 22:56:24
1 On 8/3/06, Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Well, the USA has the same coming in too. We have 220v to 240v coming
3 > in but that is split into different legs for the 110v to 120v stuff.
4
5 No, we don't. We have ~120V between a 'hot' wire and neutral, and
6 240V appliances work by using the two hot wires that are 180 degrees
7 out of phase with each other.
8
9 Other countries actually have 240V between the hot and neutral wires,
10 regardless of how many hot wires actually come in.
11
12 -Richard
13 --
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list