From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RAID/LVM machine - install questions
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:13:57
1 Am 20.03.2010 19:26, schrieb Mark Knecht:
2 [...]
3 > So the chassis and drives for this 1st machine are on order. 6 1TB
4 > green drives. []
5 > - Mark
8 Hi Mark,
9
10 What do you mean by "green drives"? I had been told - but never searched
11 for confirmation - that those energy saving drives change spinning and
12 also do spin down. The problem would be that the drives than might drop
13 out of the raid since they are not reachable fast.
14
15 Don't know if that is true. I bought me some black label drives for the
16 longer warranty.
17
18 kh