From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RAID/LVM machine - install questions
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 15:52:08
1 On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 7:12 AM, KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Am 20.03.2010 19:26, schrieb Mark Knecht:
3 > [...]
4 >>
5 >> So the chassis and drives for this 1st machine are on order. 6 1TB
6 >> green drives. []
7 >> - Mark
10 > Hi Mark,
11 >
12 > What do you mean by "green drives"? I had been told - but never searched for
13 > confirmation - that those energy saving drives change spinning and also do
14 > spin down. The problem would be that the drives than might drop out of the
15 > raid since they are not reachable fast.
16 >
17 > Don't know if that is true. I bought me some black label drives for the
18 > longer warranty.
19
20 If it is a WD drive, google "TLER" for info about possible problems in RAID use.