From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Masking for Educational Purposes only ?
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 18:56:09
1 GMail ha scritto:
2 > I ran into this same thing this morning and felt like mailing Zac a piece of
3 > my mind. Sanity prevailed though.
4 >
5 > I still feeling quite deeply offended though that a package maintainer has
6 > forced me to jump through a hoop simply because he would like an earlier
7 > version to "get tested more".
8
9 Well, why? If you want to test 2.2 instead, you can do it. It's not
10 blocking you from anything.
11
12 He wants users to test *more* a given version, and that in turn will
13 probably benefit us all. It's a psychological trick, maybe, but an
14 absolutely innocent one. In fact, once you know that, you *should* jump
15 the bandwagon and help test the previous version.
16
17 m.