From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} A simple routing problem
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:13:44
1 On Tue, December 18, 2012 04:44, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
2
3 <SNIP>
4
5 > Actually my fiber connection has a smaller limit than the ADSL
6 > connection. I am trying to use the fiber connection for all activities
7 > except some torrent downloading for which I want to use my ADSL
8 > connection.
9 > Once I'm able to route through the ADSL gateway, it would be easy for
10 > me to setup another ip on eth0 on my machine on which transmission
11 > could listen. All traffic on that ip would be routed through ADSL and
12 > otherwise the fiber.
13
14 Nilesh,
15
16 I read that you managed to fix it, but for completenes and, if applicable,
17 a different solution would be a router with 2 or more WAN-ports that can
18 do the routing for you.
19 Added benefit there would be that if the fiber connection dies, it would
20 be able to automatically route everything through the ADSL.
23 Joost