From: rocwhite168 <rocwhite168@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: kernel configuration problem -- genkernel: no irq handler; manual config: root filesystem could not be mounted r/w
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 01:07:44
1 Dale <rdalek1967 <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > I did some googling. Seriously grasping at straws here. Do you have
5 > SMP enabled? If so, do you really have a multiprocessor or multicore
6 > machine? I ask beause I did find where someone else had SMP enabled and
7 > it shouldn't have been. I noticed it shows it is enabled in the config
8 > you posted earlier. Also, make sure you have the correct CPU selected
9 > too. I think you do tho from what I saw in the config. Also make sure
10 > you have the correct partitions in fstab too. I know I'm bad to mix
11 > those up sometimes or just leave out a "/" mark.
12 >
13 > Another thought, are you sure that the drive partitions are sda and not
14 > hda? I still use the old drivers and mine are hda but some are using
15 > the new drivers which are sda. Just wanting to make certain. Grasping
16 > at one more straw.
17 >
18 > I'll do some more thinking and put a little more wear and tear on google.
19 >
20 > Dale
23 Thanks again for your suggestion! I tried to switch off SMP and recompiled the
24 kernel, but the problem persists. I'm sure I'm using the newer driver so I think
25 the partitions should be called sda.
26
27 On the other hand, if I can ever succeed in eliminating the irq problem with
28 genkernel, I would be very happy too! It's really frustrating sometimes...
29
30 Roc