From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lost Labyrinth
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:49:11
1 Right Markus I have written an ebuild that installs the package and it
2 works, although I am not sure if its how a pro would have done it.
3
4 It downloads the compiled version 1.0.0 from sourceforge (can't test it
5 on 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 until you put them on sourceforge.) Once you have done
6 that, and I have tested it, I'll make it available for others to test.
7
8 Basically it downloads the compiled tarball and installs the executable
9 (laby) and the support files (sounds.pak, highscores.dat, graphics.pak)
10 to /usr/lib/laby/ It puts a script into /usr/games/bin. The script
11 simple cd's to /usr/lib/laby and them executes laby. (It seems to need
12 to be executed from the same directory the support files are in, makes
13 sense really)
14
15 Comments on my chosen file locations would be appreciated. They are easy
16 enough to change.
17
18 It also installs the readme.txt to /usr/share/doc/laby-1.0.0 (this is a
19 gentoo standard location for documentation). If people think I should it
20 can also put readme_waffen.txt and readme_zauber.txt into the same
21 place, but as I don't know german i am unsure if they are really
22 helpful, or just take up space :-)