From: YoYo Siska <yoyko@×××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT, game-related,long] Changing file dates?
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 11:57:50
1 Holly Bostick wrote:
2 > What I would like is a way to change the date of specific files to a
3 > specific date (in the past), without "changing" (editing) them, which is
4 > not an option with the original Morrowind files (or, if it is possible,
5 > it's only so with additional external tools and a whole lot of difficulty).
6 >
7 > Is this even possible to do? Now that I've said it "out loud", it
8 > doesn't sound like something Linux would want me to do at all, but
9 > perhaps there's some reason that server admins might need to do such a
10 > thing, in which case Linux definitely provides a way to do it.
14 if you just want to change the (modification/acces) time of a file:
15
16 man touch
17
18 see the -t or -d option