From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and kernel panics.
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 22:26:14
1 On 07/11/2011 09:42 AM, Alex Schuster wrote:
2
3 > Although Neil may have a point when he says that an unclean shutdown could
4 > have corrupted things. I was under the impression that with a journaling
5 > file system this should be safe, but I do not know much bout this.
6
7 I agree with Neil so (if I'm awake enough) I'll force an fsck by doing:
8
9 #touch /forcefsck in the root directory of any filesystem you might
10 be worried about, and then reboot.
11
12 Do this before resuming any emerge, of course, so you don't screw up
13 the fs any more than it already is. (BTW I still use only ext3, so I
14 can't say anything about reiser, ext4, etc.)