From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is a "packet"? Was: Checksum error
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 17:02:10
1 On Sunday 11 October 2009 15:55:47 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > Well, at least now we know that English contains at least one word that is
4 > less ambiguous than the German equivalent.
5 >
6 > I would not have thought it could be done.
7
8 English contains many ambiguities, but if you know the current idiom they all
9 disappear, or at least recede. The difficulty is in keeping up with the
10 idiom. Personally, I prefer to rely on what I've known for the last 60 years
11 or so and to hell with the trendies.
12
13 Things like "its" = "belonging to it"; "it's" = "it is".
16 Rgds
17 Peter