From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is a "packet"? Was: Checksum error
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 14:56:47
1 On Sunday 11 October 2009 13:22:48 Albert Hopkins wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2009-10-11 at 13:18 +0200, Justin wrote:
3 > > I would say it is about just to many germans who are translating
4 > > german
5 > > words literally into english and as the the german word for package is
6 > > "Paket" they come up with packet.
7 >
8 > Oh wow I did not know that. See I knew it had to have some reasonable
9 > explanation. Thanks for the education.
12 Well, at least now we know that English contains at least one word that is
13 less ambiguous than the German equivalent.
14
15 I would not have thought it could be done.
19 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com