From: shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPTables question... simple as possible for starters
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 12:30:58
1 Minor additions to what Pandu said...
2
3 On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 7:02 AM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
4 > On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 6:07 PM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
5
6 > The numbers within [brackets] are statistics/countes. Just replace
7 > them with [0:0], unless you really really really have a good reason to
8 > not start counting from 0...
11 AFAIK, there's no reason this shouldn't alway be set to 0. If you want
12 to keep your counter do --noflush
13
14 > NOTE: In that ServerFault posting, I suggested using the anti-attack
15 > rules in -t raw -A PREROUTING. This saves a great deal of processing,
16 > becase the "raw" table is just that: raw, unadulterated, unanalyzed
17 > packets. The CPU assumes nothing, it merely tries to match well-known
18 > fields' values.
21 And because nothing is assumed, you can't prepend a conntrack rule. I
22 can't think of why you'd ever want those packets (and I should
23 probably move at least those 4 masks to raw) but just an FYI - no
24 processing means no processing.
25
26 Also see nftables: http://netfilter.org/projects/nftables/