From: "Liebich
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Trouble w/ CD(s) during new gentoo install
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 06:22:46
1 Hi,
2 I'm installing a new computer w/ gentoo (had Windows 2003 Server on it before). I'm installing from the minimal installation CD (tried w/ knoppix before). BUT today I OFTEN get IDE READ errors and afterwards - no command works. No shutdown, no halt, nothing. Pressing the Power button don't do anything either (oh GREAT) - I have to pull the cable (!). It seems it gets worse. The same happened w/ the knoppix CD i tried to use for booting yesterday - at first OK, then read errors, getting worse --- what gives??
3 Has anyone tips how to handle this (no, getting a new CDROM drive is not a FAST option :-()
4 ciao,
5 Wolfgang
8 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list