From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: thunderbird "fixed" folders? [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 11:06:23
1 On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 10:27:48AM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 >
3 > Believe it or not you are supposed to "make invisible" all the junk the app
4 > created.
8 Well, once you get some of the amazingly bone-headed defaults corrected
9 tbird is pretty nice -- for people with eagle eyes who don't need an
10 integrated addressbook function, which describes no-one I know....
11
12 After much googling the conclusion is many many people are desperately
13 unhappy about the fonts in tbrd and incredibly, it ain't fixable!
14 Hard-coded font sizes -- isn't that, like, retardn00b mistake #4?
15 :)
16
17 Another giant, glaring flaw: Doesn't appear to be any addressbook
18 integration whatsoever that I can find, so it's necessary to pretend
19 it's the 80s and remember the ancient practice of clunkily, manually
20 C & P from the *separate* addressbook. Jeeeezus, and people think mutt
21 is barebones, LOL (address autocompletion Just Works in mutt).
22
23 I've already got a whopper of an eyestrain headache just from
24 testing it.
25
26 Tbird dismissed, not a realistic option.
27 My users will bitch a blue streak over the lack of address autocomplete,
28 god forbid they should have to type anything longer than "OMGLOL"...
31 klaatu virada nicto