From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: thunderbird "fixed" folders? [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 09:08:12
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 02:27 on Monday 06 June 2011, Indi did opine
2 thusly:
3
4 > On Sun, Jun 05, 2011 at 08:07:24PM -0400, Indi wrote:
5 > > So, following several suggestions I emerge thunderbird for
6 > > testing, and the first thing I noticed is it does what people
7 > > insist it doesn't do: creates redundant Trash and Drafts folders,
8 > > both locally and (cardinal sin) on the remote server!
9 > > So now in mutt there are all these redundant mail folders screwing
10 > > up my carefully created IMAP structure.
11 > > So, merely invoking thunderbird has created a mess.
12 > >
13 > > Doesn't appear to be fixable...
14 > > Hopefully I'm wrong and there's a trick to it?
15 >
16 > Ok, got it -- weirdly enough, one has to use the CLI to address
17 > this. The GUI preferences dialog doesn't have a provision for
18 > making t-bird not create unwanted folders, but once they're created
19 > can be deleted in ~/.thunderbird/ and then they don't come back
20 > when t-bird is restarted.
21 >
22 > Now it's running with only the remote and local IMAP structures
23 > as they're supposed to be.
24
25 Believe it or not you are supposed to "make invisible" all the junk the app
26 created.
29 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com