From: Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Epic list of total FAIL.
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 22:31:53
1 Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
2 > The ncurses ebuild is indeed broken, I ran into the same problem before.
3 >
4 > But you received good advice on your last thread (build libtinfo on another
5 > system and copy it or just try symlinking it to ncurses), if you'd followed it
6 > you would a got your system back up in a few minutes.
7
8 ppl seem to be antsy to hear what I actually did, so I'll respond....
9
10 1. I got my grubby mitts on a stage 3 tarball, I always keep one on hand
11 for this reason. =\
12
13 2. I grepped everything in /bin and /lib for tinfo and copied over from
14 the tarball where necessary.
15
16 3. Started --emptytree world.
17
18 4. waited.
19
20 5. kicked it each time it stopped,
21
22 6. kicked it some more.
23
24 7. kicked it a few more times.
25
26 8, got to the end of the list about two and a half days later (which is
27 par for my machine.)
28
29 9. published the results.
30
31 10. rebooted.
34 IQ is a measure of how stupid you feel.
35
36 Powers are not rights.