From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gmail + Email Client = No way
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 07:56:53
1 On Sunday 27 August 2006 00:37, Samuel Baldwin wrote:
2 > For last year or so, I've been using Gmail with Firefox, all in browser,
3 > and have wanted to move to a local email client (using Thunderbird or
4 > Sylpheed-Claws).
5 > Unfortunately, the only time I have had any success with this was with the
6 > Windows port of Thunderbird.
7
8 Assuming that the behaviour of Thunderbird is the same on both OS' then it may
9 have something to do with the default settings (ie. format, locale, etc.) for
10 date/month/year on your display manager?
11
12 > Otherwise, it only grabs about a hundred or so
13 > emails at a time, and will never get the latest emails.
14
15 Just to prove the case, have you tried Kmail?
18 Regards,
19 Mick