From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Looking for a pre-compiled Linux distribution
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 18:45:28
1 On 23/11/17 19:11, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'd like to recommend a Linux distribution to someone who needs an as
5 > simple Linux distribution as possible.
6 > Since I am going to help that person from time to time, it should be as
7 > similar as possible to Gentoo.
8 >
9 > Which distribution would you recommend.
10
11 Arch Linux is similar. Just imagine you have "emerge", except there's
12 only binary packages. When you install it initially, you're left on the
13 command line with nothing installed except base packages, much like Gentoo.