From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to save ps file from OpenOffice writer?
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 04:32:19
1 W.Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 >Open the print dialog, tick the "Print to file" box and then print. A
4 >file save dialog pops up. It prints in ps format. OO has done it this
5 >way for years ...
8 I just wish to further know if this PS file contains anything related to
9 the printer, anything printer-specific. E.g does it make difference if I
10 choose printer A or printer B before I click 'Print to fiile' and get
11 the PS file.
12
13 As far as I know doing things this way on Windows is dangerous. E.g.
14 print to a random PS printer (a laserject for example) and get the
15 print-to-file PS file, chances these files are very specific to that PS
16 printer and opens wrongly in gsview. You have to use the 'Adobe PS
17 Printer' which produce 'standard' PS file.
18
19 >BillK
20 >