From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to save ps file from OpenOffice writer?
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 03:58:54
1 Open the print dialog, tick the "Print to file" box and then print. A
2 file save dialog pops up. It prints in ps format. OO has done it this
3 way for years ...
4
5 BillK
6
7 On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 19:32 -0800, John Myers wrote:
8 > On Sunday 20 November 2005 19:18, 張韡武 wrote:
9 > > Hello. So far openoffice is the only application that I know that could
10 > > not directly export PS format, or print to a 'generic PS printer'. I am
11 > > having a lot of troubles trying to generate PS file for my documents.
12 > > Usually I have to go to a Windows computer and print to the 'Adobe PS
13 > > Printer', and take the file back in a usb stick to my Linux computer.
14 > > The usual gnome 'generic PS printer' simply does not exist as a printer
15 > > of choice in the print dialogue box.
16 > >
17 > > How do you guys manage to make PS files?
18 >
19 > You could try exporting as a PDF, then running pdf2ps (from
20 > app-text/ghostscript) on it
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list