From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Re: Is GWN dead?
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 19:38:46
1 On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 20:24:52 +0100, Michael Schmarck wrote:
2
3 > > Because a first-time installer benefits from the confidence given by
4 > > using an official install disc.
5 >
6 > I don't understand that. What confidence? To install Gentoo,
7 > you need a way to partition your storage, create filesystems
8 > and chroot. That can easily be done by any live CD.
9
10 Assuming you know what you are doing. If you've ever tried to help a
11 number of less confident users through it, you'd know what I mean.
12
13 While I don't disagree that a Gentoo live CD is absolutely necessary, you
14 seem to be taking the argument further, saying that Gentoo should not
15 have its own live CD. Why?
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Is it a bigger crime to rob a bank or to open one?