From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Minimal Gentoo with X
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:46:43
1 On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 09:54:20 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > Since space is a issue for you, you really only need the kernel sources
4 > for the kernel you are using. One could argue that if you have a well
5 > built kernel and don't plan to change it in the future, you could
6 > remove its sources too. I would save a copy of the config tho.
7
8 I'd certainly argue that. A single set of sources can take up more than
9 half a gigabyte after compilation. If you use make install to install the
10 kernel, it puts a backup of the config in /boot automatically.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
17 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
18 A: Top-posting.
19 Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?