From: Marcus Wanner <marcusw@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What magic does portage use?
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 23:46:25
1 On 12/12/2009 2:42 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > And some would also argue that cycling power on and off is actually
3 > bad for the rig as well. Keeping things at a constant temp is better
4 > than fluctuating temps. The old expanding and contracting of material
5 > argument. Sort of strange that computers that run a lot last a
6 > loooong time.
7 I think that is more of a psychological thing than a hardware
8 thing...basically if a computer is already there and ready to be used,
9 people don't think about getting a new one. Besides, what kind of
10 failure would be caused by expanding and contracting anyway? In my
11 experience, old computers don't really break, they just become obsolete...
12
13 Marcus