From: Peter Weilbacher <newsspam@××××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems booting vanilla kernel 4.1.x
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 12:10:09
1 On Tue, 25 Aug 2015, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
2
3 > I've never experienced this particular kernel trouble myself, so I'm
4 > not sure if my input would be of much help.
5 > Here's what the kernel documentation has to say about this kind of issue:
6 >
7 > /usr/src/linux/Documentation/RCU/stallwarn.txt:29,33
8 [...]
9 > Have a look for possibly stack traces in these log files:
10 > /var/log/{messages,dmesg}.
11 >
12 > Hopefully, someone else with more kernel debugging experience will
13 > have something more substantial to say about this.
14
15 Thanks for the reply, Alex. I had googled for those messages, too, and
16 had found that RCU info. Unfortunately, I have no idea what to do with
17 it, since it stops right at the booting stage, right before init starts,
18 so before I can do anything interactive.
19
20 I have posted a message to the LKML, maybe someone there has a hint.
21 (The machine is old and rarely used, but I would still like to run the
22 newest software because it is connected to the net.)
23
24 Peter.