From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: New openssh install message?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 23:02:35
1 On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:23:16 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > >>    Has anything changed about this? I'm updating a remote machine and
4 > >> don't want to lose connectivity.
5 > >
6 > > Probably what the writer of that message meant is to update the
7 > > config files with dispatch-conf and the like.  I don't know to what
8 > > else "merge" could refer.
9 >
10 > Thanks. OK, so I did a restart and I can still ssh in so things seem OK.
11
12 With a remote machine, I always restart SSH, leave the current shell open
13 and open a new one from another terminal. The old session will continue
14 to work when you shut down sshd, so if the new install is somehow broken,
15 you still have the access you need to fix it.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 If you consult enough experts, you can confirm any opinion.