From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: New openssh install message?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 23:18:43
1 On Saturday 13 March 2010 01:02:12 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:23:16 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > >> Has anything changed about this? I'm updating a remote machine and
4 > > >> don't want to lose connectivity.
5 > > >
6 > > > Probably what the writer of that message meant is to update the
7 > > > config files with dispatch-conf and the like. I don't know to what
8 > > > else "merge" could refer.
9 > >
10 > > Thanks. OK, so I did a restart and I can still ssh in so things seem OK.
11 >
12 > With a remote machine, I always restart SSH, leave the current shell open
13 > and open a new one from another terminal. The old session will continue
14 > to work when you shut down sshd, so if the new install is somehow broken,
15
17
18 restart
19
20 Some noobs might get confused ;-)
23 > you still have the access you need to fix it.
26 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com