From: Devon Miller <devon.c.miller@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System.map not found - unable to check symbols
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 20:00:44
1 This message is being issued by /sbin/module-update. It is called from
2 /etc/init.d/modules to update /etc/modules.conf. It's complaining because
3 /boot has not been mounted yet. As far as I can tell, /boot is treated no
4 differently than any other non-root filesystem.
5
6 Ultimately, I think, the fault lies in /sbin/rc which should be checking for
7 /boot being a filesystem and mounting it up front.
8
9 dcm
10