From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can anyone tell me?
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 20:16:39
1 On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Chris Walters <cjw2004d@×××××××.net> wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA512
4 >
5 > Hello,
6 >
7 > Can anyone tell me what packages you know of that will break your system if you
8 > choose to put "ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~amd64" in your make.conf file? I have had my
9 > system break, twice now, from a package upgrade - I think that one of the
10 > culprits is gawk, but can't be certain.
11 >
12 > I do know that the only way to fix the problem was to restore from backup, or
13 > to try re-installing again. I just want to know which packages are so unstable
14 > that I should mask them. TIA.
15 >
16 > Regards,
17 > Chris
20 Hi Chris,
21 I don't think your question can be answered as phrased.
22
23 *Any* package marked with '~' is 'new', 'in testing', 'unstable',
24 etc. Very few (in my experience) 'break' my machine, but I have a rule
25 that any package energed as part of emerge system must be stable and I
26 personally add ~x86 or ~amd64 only for specific packages that I want
27 or need some new feature.
28
29 Hope this helps,
30 Mark