From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: buying a keyboard
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 18:25:42
1 On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > What I hate most about some keyboards are:
3 > 1) The damn layout changes (like FN key at the left side of the
4 > BACKSPACE, and backspace not a double size key, or right shift also
5 > not double size, ENTER is another one sometimes manufacturers screw
6 > around).
7 > 2) Useless keys inserted in the middle of the layout (like sleep,
8 > standby and power down above INSERT, HOME and PAGE UP).
9 > 3) Absence of the pads used to lift the back of the keyboard (I can't
10 > believe some people don't use them).
11
12 4) Cable so short it can't even reach the computer.
13
14 I have a keyboard with an 18-inch cord. It is barely long enough to
15 reach from one side of the keyboard to the other! Absolutely useless.