From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: meino.cramer@×××.de
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] AHCI/IDE-question
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 20:23:00
1 On 1/21/2011 2:48 PM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2
3 > My ASUS board offers:
4 > RAID
5 > IDE
6 > AHCI
7 >
8 > The help to both kernel options mentioned above is saying (beside
9 > other things): "If unsure, say N".
10
11 Which kernel options are you specifically looking it?
12
13 There isn't a single option that I see that says "AHCI", or "IDE".
14 There are two separate AHCI options and a few dozen SFF ("IDE") options.
15
16 In your case, there is no good reason to use the old IDE interface
17 instead of the newer AHCI SATA interface. So, go with that.
18
19 > That would lead to a unbootable system (at least with my setup...).
20
21 Just for a future reference... the fact that you know this would mean
22 you are no longer "unsure" and should feel free to say "Y" to whichever
23 option works. :)
24
25 --Mike