From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] AHCI/IDE-question
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 20:32:41
1 Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org> [11-01-21 21:28]:
2 > On 1/21/2011 2:48 PM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 >
4 > > My ASUS board offers:
5 > > RAID
6 > > IDE
7 > > AHCI
8 > >
9 > > The help to both kernel options mentioned above is saying (beside
10 > > other things): "If unsure, say N".
11 >
12 > Which kernel options are you specifically looking it?
13 >
14 > There isn't a single option that I see that says "AHCI", or "IDE".
15 > There are two separate AHCI options and a few dozen SFF ("IDE") options.
16 >
17 > In your case, there is no good reason to use the old IDE interface
18 > instead of the newer AHCI SATA interface. So, go with that.
19 >
20 > > That would lead to a unbootable system (at least with my setup...).
21 >
22 > Just for a future reference... the fact that you know this would mean
23 > you are no longer "unsure" and should feel free to say "Y" to whichever
24 > option works. :)
25 >
26 > --Mike
29 hi Mike,
30
31 I am talking about this two options:
32
33 CONFIG_SATA_AHCI=y
34 # CONFIG_SATA_AHCI_PLATFORM is not set
35
36 Best regards,
37 mcc