From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suspend2 issues
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:01:25
1 On 2/23/06, Mike Myers <fluffymikey@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm suspending from X, using the klaptop application. I'm using the
3 > vesa driver for an intel video card.
4
5 The vesa driver is pretty much the driver-of-last-resort. I would
6 _not_ expect proper power management support from this.
7
8 Try the i810 driver instead, it should have support for intel
9 integrated graphics.
10
11 > dmesg just says something about 'error -2' and ACPI when I try to remove
12 > and reload the module. I can try it and give you exactly what it says
13 > if you need me to.
14
15 Yes. The ACPI messages are probably not important, but if you are
16 getting an error unloading or reloading the module, then that is a
17 problem. My initial guess is probably something about firmware....
18
19 I would suggest emerging and using the hibernate script
20 (sys-power/hibernate-script). It allows a great deal of
21 customization, including restarting services, reloading of modules,
22 etc in response to suspend-to-ram or suspend-to-disk operations.
23
24 -Richard
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list