From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: High resolution on a 13 inch screen
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2017 13:21:32
1 >> > and indeed XFCE doesn't seem to have very good support for this.
2 >> > Maybe you can find some of the settings listed there useful though.
3 >> >
4 >> > Other than that, if you want working DPI scaling, you'll have much
5 >> > better luck with KDE 5 / Plasma.
8 >> Won't I freak out if I'm an xfce4 guy and I try to switch to KDE? Is
9 >> there a better choice for HiDPI migration for people who like xfce4?
10 >
11 > I'm using XFCE with a 140 DPI display and it's working fine.
14 How high is your res? This laptop has a native res of 3200x1800 so
15 that's what I *should* be using with DPI set a lot higher than 140 I
16 believe, but when it gets that high things get weird. However I'm not
17 sure how much of that can be alleviated by the DE.
18
19 - Grant