From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: CD/DVD burning tools?
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 17:54:37
1 In <4860f3f2.ymAUFfyQlp8koUnJ%Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de>,
2 Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de (Joerg Schilling) wrote:
3
4 > I am trying to ignore the attacks from the people behind cdrkit and I
5 > hope that people realize that progress is only in the official
6 > project. I however need to inform people correctly when I see
7 > incorrect claims on my projects.
8
9 "Informing" by saying things like "all known forks are full of bugs"
10 doesn't help, as it's indistinguishable from FUD. In fact, the more
11 you say it, the more it looks like FUD.
12
13 > If you like to live with the big number of bugs in the fork, go
14 > ahead, but you only harm yourself.
15
16 I've just read your outdated page
17 <http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html>. Where you listed
18 specific bugs, I see they don't affect me (and can't imagine they'd
19 affect most users). Most of what you cite as bugs are just features
20 they haven't implemented yet (and for all I know, they have since you
21 wrote that page).
24 »Q«
25 Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.
29 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list