From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with saslauthd
Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 14:47:19
1 On 5/6/22 4:09 AM, John Covici wrote:
2 > So, I restored all the files, I could like sendmail.mc and the
3 > Sendmail.conf, but no joy, still no authentication mechanisms.
4 > I restored them to about first of April.
5
6 Well darn. :-/
7
8 > This still leads me to saslauthd.
9
10 I didn't mean to imply that it /wasn't/ SASL, just that the two are
11 separate.
12
13 Have you been maintaining your sendmail.cf via the sendmail.mc file? Or
14 are there unaccounted for hand edits? -- I'll often test new things in
15 sendmail.cf directly and then promote them to sendmail.mc once I have
16 identified what I want.
17
18 Likewise with submit.cf / submit.mc.
19
20 Would you be willing to share your sendmail.mc and submit.mc files?
21 Feel free to "REDACT" things as necessary. (Please make sure it's easy
22 to tell what is redacted.)
27 Grant. . . .
28 unix || die